13 June 2009

Bullion - Pet Sounds: In the Key of Dee (2007)


I really don't think a review is necessary for this album. I mean, look at the title: Pet Sounds vs. J Dilla. How can that be bad at all? Mad props to Bullion on this one. One of the best things about this album (and really, any great album) is that you can easily listen to it all in one sitting.

"I am in love with this. I'm an idiot, so I don't get how exactly this was made, but this sounds like Jay Dee personally remixing the Pet Sounds sessions, and that makes it absolutely incredible. It's fucking beautifully done, and I can listen to the whole thing. In one sitting. I praise Bullion. "God Only Knows" and "You Still Believe in Dee" are the best. I have eargasms just thinking about how well this was done. So much better than West Sounds1." - jjjonatron (4/5)

Get it here.

1: Yeah, West Sounds (which is just the College Dropout mixed with Pet Sounds) doesn't compare to this.


No comments: